Jump to the different sections on this page via the links below:
High Priority Volunteer Needs | Volunteer Information | New or Unregistered Volunteers | Returning or Newly Registered Volunteers | Classroom & Activity Coordinator Documents | Big Beep Beep Recognition | Related Links
Parents, guardians, and community members are all welcomed to volunteer. Before you can volunteer you must register and complete a background check in Beaverton School District’s online volunteer management system, MyVolunteerPage (MyVP). You may register in MyVP any time during the year, but registering early will make it easier to get involved at Ridgewood.
High Priority Volunteer Needs
- Classroom Volunteers
- Production Room (teacher support)
- Classroom Party Coordinators
- Celebrate Reading
- Passport Club
- Art Literacy
For more information about these positions, please log into MyVolunteerPage.
NEW OR UNREGISTERED VOLUNTEERS
Registration takes 15 minutes and must be completed in one sitting.
Go to beaverton.k12.or.us.
- Click the “Community” tab then select “Volunteer” from the drop down menu.
- Click “Parent/Guardian Volunteer and Background Check Application”.
- Complete the “I am new to MyVolunteerPage.com” section.
Please remember your username and password – you will need it every time you sign in at school.
- Check “I agree with the organization’s policies” and click “Save and Continue”.
- Complete the required information in the name fields about you and your student(s).
You do not need to fill out availability or interests on the District’s page but you need to select Ridgewood as your school.
- Submit application. You’ll get a confirmation email from the District.
The background check should take two to three weeks.
- The background check should take two to three weeks.
- Once the background check has been completed, you will receive a welcome email from Ridgewood’s volunteer coordinators with further instructions to complete your profile, indicate your student(s)’ teachers, identify your interests, and sign up for activities.
Community members such as grandparents, aunts and uncles, friends and colleagues are also very welcome to volunteer at Ridgewood. All volunteers working with students must register and receive a background check by the District. Complete the “Community Volunteer and Background Check Application” also available at www.beaverton.k12.or.us.
RETURNING OR NEWLY REGISTERED VOLUNTEERS
If you are returning as a volunteer at Ridgewood or just completed your registration, please take a few moments to update your profile, indicate your children’s teacher assignments, identify interests, and sign up for volunteer opportunities.
- Go to MyVolunteerPage (MyVP)
- Enter username and password. – If you don’t remember your username or password from last year, you can reset them. Please remember these to sign in at school!
MY PROFILE – CONTACT INFORMATION UPDATE
- Update your “contact information”
- Check “Privacy Settings” – Please check “I want other volunteers to see my name” or you will be anonymous to the activity coordinators.
- Consider uploading a photo of yourself.
- Check “Subscriptions” to get weekly updates about your schedule and generate calendar reminders
- Always click SAVE.
MY PROFILE – ADDITIONAL INFO UPDATE
- Update your child(ren)’s grade(s) & teacher(s) for 2016-17
- Always click SAVE.
MY PROFILE — INTERESTS UPDATE
- Select organization “Ridgewood” from drop-down menu.
- You will see a complete list of all General Interest Activities. If you want more information about an activity click the “i” icon).
- Check the box of each activity for which you may wish to volunteer. This will help Volunteer Coordinators know who wants to help with an activity.
- If you wish to remove your name from an activity, uncheck it.
- Always click SAVE.
- Filter organization “Ridgewood” from the drop-down menu.
- Browse opportunities for upcoming volunteer shifts and sign up for upcoming dates. You can search for a particular activity or scroll through all upcoming activities.
- To sign up to volunteer in a particular classroom, select that teacher’s name as your “activity,” and complete the step below. Complete this for every classroom in which you wish to volunteer.
- For each activity you select, be sure to confirm your attendance. Thanks for signing up!
Please direct questions to Ridgewood PTC Volunteer Coordinators
Liz Melching & Julie Larson
Classroom & Activity Coordinator Documents
Information coming soon
Big Beep Volunteer Recognition
The idea of the “Big Beep” is to recognize individual parent/community volunteer efforts. Staff, kids, and parents are encouraged to email the PTC, when they see an adult volunteer going out of their way to make Ridgewood Elementary a better place. It’s very similar to how the staff recognizes children with “beep, beeps.” This is a way that staff, parents, and kids are able to recognize adult volunteer efforts. Once a month at PTC meetings, a name will be drawn from those submitted and the name drawn will receive a reward. Thanks volunteers for all that you do!